Probably not. That’s okay.
I haven’t written to you for a long time. I’m a little scared to go back and read what I wrote before.
So. What’s going on in my life right now that was not happening the last time I posted here:
1. I got into nursing school. University of Washington School of Nursing. My dream of dropping out of school and seeing the world via freight train will have to go unrealized for now. For now.
2. My mother has cancer. She’d never been sick a day in her life. Now she’s lost her hair and feels dizzy and nauseous all the time. Wup-de-doo.
3. I got a car. I got it for free from my awesome friend, Wes. On Facebook. You want to know the secret of getting free stuff? Complain about not having it on Facebook. That’s what I did. I complained of my car-less state on Facebook. Then Wes gave me one. Because he’s cool like that.
Have I ever mentioned how much I really like Wes?
4. I’m knitting musical socks with a graduated spiral going up the ankle, no pattern. It’s super awesome and makes me want to weep and gnash my teeth. With joy, of course.
It’s not actually that bad.
5. I’m working a lot at the hospital. It’s pretty fun. There’s lots of blood and strange, sleep-deprived night shift people. Phone calls get interesting. Vtach happens. Asystole too, but we try to avoid that.
6. I’m middle-school counseling at church. It’s over for the summer; I don’t know what to do with myself on Saturday nights anymore. It’s okay, though. Tomorrow I’m hanging out with Ryan the 6th Grader. Ryan the 6th Grader, who is now Ryan the 9th Grader.
Ryan the 9th Grader.
I’m going to cry now.